Last week we launched the new beta site for Grouvia.com.
It was a thrill and a relief. This is a major milestone for Grouvia and it was only a month late.
There are 170 bugs in the application right now. And that’s down from about 400 a month ago, so it’s actually not as bad as it sounds. Only 19 of them are considered “major” and that’s just my personal assessment of their severity. The vast majority of them are typos, layout issues, alignment problems, and missing “nice to have” features.
So if you haven’t looked at grouvia lately (or at all), please go take a look. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
I have made one huge sacrifice in the past month about which I am more than a little concerned. I have completely let our marketing efforts go. I have barely eked out these blog posts, and have done no posts to the Grouvia Groove blog. I have stopped reading/commenting on other blogs, I have stopped reading/commenting on LinkedIn discussions, I have stopped all tweeting. Basically the Grouvia marketing efforts are now in disaster mode.
I’m not sure if I have made the right choices, but I do feel that the quality of Grouvia was too important to let slip. So I have spent the last month testing, documenting bugs, retesting fixes, and doing my own light coding of the user interface. I think these efforts have paid off, because Grouvia looks a thousand times better than it did last month, but at what cost I am not sure. I may not know for a while, if ever, what price Grouvia will pay for this.
I still have some cleanup work to do over the weekend, and then I can leave the developers alone for a while so they can implement the rest of the missing features. They believe we can have the entire project wrapped up by the end of January. I am cautiously optimistic but I’m not holding my breath. There have been too many disappointments on this project so far to believe that sunny days will always shine on us.
But today it’s sunny, and I intend to enjoy it.